Address: #23A Venkateswara Colony, Nehru Nagar , Kottivakkam , Chennai - 600041
Locality: Kottivakkam (Find more Kottivakkam schools)
Landmark: Near American International School
Phone: +91-44-24351154 +91-9884529898
Al-Fajr international School is a middle-secondary school located in Chennai, India.The school follows the activity-based alternative education method for primary classes,and the British IGCSE system for higher classes. AlFajr has a keen focus on all-round islamic and Arabic studies into its mainstream curriculum.
Please click on the photo to see a larger version.
Do you have a photo for this school?Upload it now!
My name is Khalid Abdussalam. I am one of the earliest students of this school. I saw the first seven years of this school. Please bear in mind that I am a grown up and I am responsible for my actions and none other than me is accountable for my actions.
I have no benefit in writing this, nor am I bribed into doing this. Seeing the environment of the school changing day after day, I concerned about my younger brothers and sisters whose parents are searching for an Islamic school. I found it compulsory to inform the parents about the drawbacks of this school. The Messenger of Allah (P.B.U.H) said, “Whoever amongst you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand; if he cannot, then with his tongue; and if he cannot, then with his heart and that is the weakest of faith.” (Muslim).
“Saleem Badhusa”, “Yaser Arabath” and “Nizar S” are the managing staff of the school so their review should not be taken into consideration.
• The school charges a lot of money in the name of IGCSE and Islamic Studies and Arabic. But is not up to the standards.
• The school is not showing the AS-Level and A2 Level results on their website. I agree that many students got A* in O Levels but a few students completed AS-Level and also A2. They did not perform well that’s why their results are not shown on the website.
• Each year for some subjects one, two and even three teachers were changed!! One subject and three different teachers hired to complete it???
• The school is being advertised as an Islamic School! They claim special emphasis on Quran and Arabic. How many Huffaz was the school able to produce in 9 years??? How many students have learnt to speak Arabic???
• The trained teachers of IGCSE have to be paid a lot. In order to save the money, they hire untrained teachers.
• Young lady teachers get appointed for higher grades, O-Level, AS-Level etc. and that particular teacher is always monitored by elder lady teachers and are then bombarded with questions like “Sister, they are young boys, you should maintain distance with them” OR “Sister, you should cover your face in front of them”.
• There is a weekly class called “Tarbiyyah Class”. The class is handled by the correspondent of the school. He is a business man by profession. This is Islamic Studies’ subject. How is Islamic Studies being taught by a businessman with no qualification in this field???
• In taking money they are quick but in giving the necessary items, they are very late. So late that sometimes the year was ending when we got the items.
• The school does not have a proper playground. The students are taken to a government school playground by vans during their P.E periods. Very often, the periods are wasted in travelling or in finding a van driver who is willing to take the students to the playground.
• The school does not have a proper canteen. The canteen sells things at a very high cost.
• The school is not situated in a proper locality. It is an industrial locality.
• The school does not have a proper prayer hall. The prayer hall is also used for rehearsals of important programs and for the morning assembly.
• There are not enough classrooms.
• The science labs are not well-equipped.
• Every class is air conditioned but sometimes A.Cs do not function or water leaks from them. This is a frequent problem.
• Two small children are made to sit in one seat in the van but the total van fee is charged from both. The drivers switch on the A.C as per their wish.
• To be frank, your kids will not develop anything in this school. Your children will not know to tackle people of different mindsets. This is the problem I and my friends who left the school are facing.
• The Extracurricular activities that are shown on the website were done very long back.
• The website is not up-to-date.
I strongly support Thariq Thastahir’s, Abdul Mallik’s, A.Sajid’s reviews.
I have many other points to share but this too seems very lengthy. I hope I have given a very clear picture of the school.