Address: 5-A, , General Bhagat Marg,, Pune - 411001
Locality: Camp (Find more Camp schools)
Phone: 020-26360437, 020-26330261
The Bishop’s School may be said to have as its date of foundation the 19th April’ 1864 . On this day the Quarter Master General of the Bombay Army, writing to the Secretary Govt. Military Department, stated……. ” At the instance of the Lord Bishop, the Commander-in-Chief has bestirred himself to lend one of the old barracks for a school to cater for the sons of Warrant Officers and N. C. Os “.
School timings: For LKG - 8.45am to 12noon; For UKG - 7.20am to 12noon; For Class I - 7.20am to 1.35pm; For Class II to X - 7.20am to 1.35pm; For Class XI & XII - 1.35pm to 6pm
Year Established: 1864
The School is equipped with large buildings consisting of 75 well-ventilated Classrooms, 3 Science laboratories, 2 Assembly Halls, 2 Libraries and a Dining Room which seats about 250 children.
- Applications for admissions should be made on-line through the on-line Admissions form.
- No admission will be considered until all the requirements are fully met.
- Parents/Guardians must give an undertaking, in writing that they will abide by the rules and regulations of the school as made from time to time.
- The Principal does not bind himself to furnish any reason for rejecting any application.
- The following certificates must be attached - original evidence of date of Birth. Viz Municipal Birth Certificate,
Last progress report from the previous school, Medical certificate signed by a Registered Doctor, Screening report of the chest, and any other certificate as requested in the application form.
- A transfer Certificate from a recognized school will be required when admission is granted to classes 2 and above.
- If a pupil has come from a different State, the Transfer Certificate must be countersigned by the appropriate Inspector concerned. Only a Transfer Certificate from a recognized school is accepted.
- If a Transfer Certificate is delayed as a result of being sent for counter signature, a provisional certificate from the previous school may be submitted. Admissions granted will be provisional till a proper Transfer Certificate, duly signed and stamped by the appropriate authority, is submitted.
- When a child is admitted on a Transfer Certificate he will not be placed in a class higher than that which the Transfer Certificate shows him to be qualified in the appropriate month of the particular year. He will not be promoted before the end of the school year. There can be no relaxing of this Rule, which is a Government Directive.
- Admission will only be confirmed on payment of one term's fees. This amount will be credited and adjusted against the first term's bill. The amount is not refundable if a place accepted is later refused.
Please click on the photo to see a larger version.
Do you have a photo for this school?Upload it now!
Good- by Sachin on Mar 28, 2016