Address: 154/1, “Victorian Enclave”, 5th Main, , Malleshpalya, Bangalore - 560075
Locality: New Thippasandra (Find more New Thippasandra schools)
Phone: 080-2534 7491 9972372241 / 42 / 43
The current education system mostly produces bookworms and not thinkers. It is theoretical in nature and bereft of practical knowledge. Besides theoretical knowledge, other abilities required for life like creativity are suppressed. We therefore need a system of instruction that enables a child to face challenges that lie ahead. National Centre For Excellence focuses on overall development, making children ready for life. Dr. K. P. Gopalakrishna, a visionary educationist and the Chairman of the National Public Schools Group, felt the need for a mode of teaching that would not only instill traditional values but also make children competent in a competitive world. Thus, National Centre For Excellence came into existence.
Principal: Mrs. Indira Kothaneth
Management: Mr. N. Vijay Kumar (Chairman)
* ‘Fun and Learn’ classrooms, specially designed for pre-school children, which make learning fun for the young ones.Curricular and Co-curricular Activities
* NCFE places equal importance on other activities like sports, dramatics, elocution, debate, art, music, etc., to help its student and develop both emotionally and physically. It also encourages students to take part in intra- and inter-school competitions so as to inculcate a positive competitive spirit in them.
* Spacious and lively classrooms that help the child to reap the benefits of a relaxed teaching environment.
* Fully-equipped, 30,000-square-foot science laboratory, for practical in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Biotechnology.
* Well-equipped art room that helps children bring their creations to life.
* Music room that is well-equipped with facilities for both Indian and Western music, classical dance and aerobics. The budding musician can also choose from a wide range of other instruments.
* Language labs to develop the child’s linguistic capabilities.
* Media centre, comprising a well-stocked library, a reading room and an impressive collection of books, periodicals, CDs and videos.
* Audiovisual room that enables children to learn the art of presentations that would help them in their professional lives.
* Outdoor and indoor games facilities which comprise a huge sports field, basketball court and table-tennis room among others.
Please click on the photo to see a larger version.
Do you have a photo for this school?Upload it now!
NCFE has a branch in Malleshpalaya where the school offers classes upto 11th standard. Two new branches - one in BTM Layout (behind IIMB) and the other on Sarjapur Road (opposite Springfield Apartments) offers classes from 1st to 5th standard.
As per the school's website - NCFE believes in enabling its students to be ready for life and to be better equipped to deal with the outside world. Here, the emphasis is not on academics alone, but also on the moral, artistic, leadership, physical and emotional aspects of a child’s development. The school maintains a healthy student teacher ratio of 1:15. Dr. Gopalakrishna, Chairman of NPS is associated with the school.
Parents can apply online (which is nice indeed) and the form can be found here: http://ncfe.co.in/admissions.html
The worst school possible. They do not allow children to use toilets except in the breaks (i.e. twice), as a result, child has to choose between food and going to toilet. The toilets are stinky and horribly dirty. Several children have got urine infection. Teacher quality is compromised. Several other problems. We are desperately looking for another school. Worse is, construction has been going on for the past 7 years and will still take another year or two, resulting in kids developing dust allergy and related problems. Last year, they had no annual day or any other day for primary and secondary classes.- by Ryna on Aug 13, 2013
This is NOT a school you should sent your child to unless there is no option left.
My kid studied there last three years from Montessori 1 to Mont 3 and finally I took her away and got her admitted to other descent school.
Few points to mention:
1) Ever increasing monetary demand from school. Asks nearly 1 lakh for 1sy year. Increases the fee around 15% to 20% yearly
2) Not well trained teachers and Management stuff. No not have minimum courtesy to talk properly over phone with kid's parents or visitors.
3) In between academic year, send notes to parents and asks to pay money for certain thing. Like, extra tuition fee (like Rs 3000/ month extra)
4) School promoter and chairman in misusing name of NPS (National Public School) and misusing the name of NPS group of institution KP Gopalkrishnan,
5. They take a tactics of complaining about the kid in mid-way and deliberately fail the kid by not promoting to next class.
This way they can take new admission from new kid's parents to that class as well as get amount from the existing failed kid.
Do not think of getting your kid admitted to this school.