Address: Tata Silk Farm, Bangalore - 560004
Locality: Basavanagudi (Find more Basavanagudi schools)
The toddler of Sri Kumaran group of Institutions, the Nursery section is situated in the prime locality of Tata Silk Farm, Basavanagudi, Bangalore South. Children start their Pre Primary education here .It comprises three levels of education: Pre-KG, LKG and UKG in the age group of three to six years. Kumaran Nursery forms an integral part of the entire school.
School timings: 9.15am to 12:15pm
Principal: Mrs. Indrani B.P
Management: Mrs. Meenakshi Balakrishnan (Director)
* The nursery years play a significant role in the development of skills values and attitudes through several activities. Each child has unique needs and interests, so the activities revolve round the requirements and abilities of our children.
* Activities are planned keeping in mind the children’s creativity and aesthetics, sensory, physio-motor and gross motor skills and social skills. They are devised in such a way that they stimulate the mind, aid in healthy mental growth and give adequate training in reading and writing readiness.
* Activities also cater to the emotional, intellectual and social development of the young ones. They help in developing healthy habits, basic necessary skills and values. They are simple, stress free and foster values like importance of family, cleanliness, friendship, food habits and hygiene.
The Nursery school is situated in the safe and calm environs of Tata Silk Farm.
* Each class room is spacious and well ventilated. The classrooms are furnished with comfortable desks and benches, cupboards, and large green boards.
* In addition, each level of the nursery has an activity room where children can engage in various tasks.
* The school also has a large area of open space with a stage where literary activities such as story telling, puppetry and festivals are showcased.
* A play ground with slides, jungle gym and merry go round can also be found alongside the school.A beautiful garden adds colour to the play area.
* Nursery: The child should have completed 3 years as of June.
* LKG: Lower Kinder Garden
* UKG: Upper Kinder Garden
Please click on the photo to see a larger version.
Do you have a photo for this school?Upload it now!
I am absolutely not happy about the Nursery section that has recently opened in DKS . The teachers do not want to spend time with the children and only want to dump their responsibilities on the parents , by calling them in parent teacher meetings and shouting in front of the kid. My interaction with my child's class teacher has been very unpleasant , she is extremely rude and I fail to understand how such an ill mannered person can contribute to a child's development. She always rebukes children which leads to fear and low morale of 3 /4 yr olds. But we are all helpless to speak out in the fear of having to lose the seat in this school. On the contrast the CBSE /ICSE sections are extremely good and most parents like me are bearing with this torment in the nursery section ,so that we can get a seat in the CBSE /ICSE classes- by undisclosed on Jan 31, 2011